15.12.06

Harrisongs - I'd have you Anytime


I'd Have You Anytime was started in America, in Woodstock-- I was invited there by The Band. It was Thanksgiving time and I'd just finished producing a Jackie Lomax album, directly after The Beatles White Album.
Bob Dylan had gone through the thing of breaking his neck in a motor-cycle accident and being out of commission for a time. He'd got himself back together and had finished Nashville Skyline shortly before I arrived there. I was hanging out at his house, with him, Sara and his kids. He seemed very nervous and I felt a little uncomfortable--it seemed strange especially as he was in his own home.
Anyway, on about the third day we got the guitars out and the things loosened up and I was saying to him 'write me some words', and thinking of all this: Johnnie's in the basement, mixing up the medicine, type of thing and he was saying 'show me some chords, how do you get those tunes?
I started playing chords, like major sevenths, diminisheds and augmenteds and the song appeared as I played the opening chord (G Major 7th) and then moved the chord shape up the guitar neck (B flat Major 7th). The first thing I thought was :


Let me in here
I know I've been here
Let me into your heart

I was saying to Bob `Come on, write some words'. He wrote the bridge:


All I have is yours
All you see is mine
And I'm glad to hold you in my arms
I'd have you anytime

Beautiful!--and that was that.


George Harrison
"I ME MINE"

No hay comentarios.: